Fireworks Black Bean and Mango Salad
This salad is so quick and easy it barely qualifies as a recipe.
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 2 ribs celery chopped fine
- 2 15- ounce cans black beans rinsed and drained (or 4 cups cooked black beans)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- juice of 1/2 lime (about a tablespoon)
- 2 mangos peeled and diced
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted pepitas pumpkin seeds for garnish, optional but adding fabulous crunch, not to mention goodly amounts of manganese and magnesium
- 3-4 cups fresh greens like spinach arugula or frisee
In a large bowl, gently mix together jalapeno, diced red pepper and celery. Add the black beans and combine well.
Add the cumin and the lime and toss to coat.
Just before serving, add the mangos and chopped cilantro. Season to taste. Place atop greens and serve at once, garnishing with toasted pepitas, if you like (and you will).