Moroccan Carrot Salad
Celebrate Earth Day with carrots, not carbon. This Moroccan carrot salad is seasonal, bright on the plate and bright in the mouth. Absurdly easy to make, it’s a no-cook wonder.
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika smoked is particularly nice
- generous pinch cayenne pepper or if you have it, Aleppo pepper
- 2 teaspoons agave or honey
- juice of 2 lemons about 4 teaspoons
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- a good handful fresh flat-leaf parsley coarsely chopped
Coarsely shred carrots in a food processor or chop into 1/4-inch matchsticks, your call.
Dump into a good-sized bowl and set aside.
Add oil and spice mixture to carrots and toss to coat. Add honey or agave, lemon juice, and sea salt.
May be made a day ahead and chilled in an airtight container.
Before serving, gently mix in parsley and enjoy slightly chilled — not cold, but cool.