Vegan Ranch Dressing
Creamy, dreamy and dairy free.
- ½ cup quality prepared vegan mayonnaise — I’m into Follow Your Heart these days
- ½ cup homemade vegan yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- a grind or two of fresh pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- a few snips of fresh dill and/or scallion if desired
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients until combined. That’s it, doll.
- Vegan ranch dressing keeps covered and refrigerated for a week.
Homemade Vegan Yogurt Substitutions 1/2 cup plain unsweetened commercial vegan yogurt. I like Kite Hill and Culina. or 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened oat milk or almond milk plus 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar. Mix the two together in a small bowl or measuring cup. The vinegar will cause the milk to clabber, creating instant vegan buttermilk. I drizzled it on a salad of radishes, green beans and mushrooms, and can see my husband lovingly it poured over a baked potato.
Thank you for reading my vegan stories and plant-based recipes. I sincerely love to connect with listeners and would like to hear your feedback, takeaways, “ah-ha!” moments, etc in the comments.