- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts pistachios or chopped almonds
- 6 cups spinach chopped
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pour raisins in a small bowl and cover with warm water. This plumps them up.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Mince garlic clove and add, cooking briefly, just until the garlic starts to turn golden and fragrant. Drain raisins and add them to the skillet.
- Then add the nuts. Stir so they toast, just for a minute or two.
- Now add your chopped spinach by the handful. Turn off the heat, stir and let the spinach wilt just slightly. The leaves should remain bright green.
- Splash in the sherry vinegar, stir for another minute and season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
Thank you for reading my vegan stories and plant-based recipes. I sincerely love to connect with listeners and would like to hear your feedback, takeaways, “ah-ha!” moments, etc in the comments.