(This is How) Miami Summer Rolls
- 1 ripe avocado
- fresh lemon or lime juice
- sea salt
- 2 wraps preferably whole grain
- magic dust
- 1/2 cup sprouts — broccoli bean, alfalfa, clover, radish, or any combination
- 1/2 cup jicama sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup mango sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup tempeh or extra-firm tofu sliced into thin strips
- handful of fresh mint leaves chopped
- handful of fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- In a bowl, bash avocado until creamy. Add lemon or lime juice (which adds zip and keeps the avocado bright) and sea salt to taste.
- Spread wraps with avocado from the center out, avoiding the edges.
- Sprinkle with magic dust, about 1/2 teaspoon per wrap.
- Spread with sprout mix.
- Top with jicama, mango and tempeh and finish with chopped mint and cilantro.
- Roll wraps tightly. Secure with toothpicks, if desired. Slice in 2-inch lengths to enjoy as bites, or slice in half, presenting both halves as a starter.
- This can also be served in margarita glasses or plated as a salad. Finish with extra sprouts for goodness and garnish.
Thank you for reading my vegan stories and plant-based recipes. I sincerely love to connect with listeners and would like to hear your feedback, takeaways, “ah-ha!” moments, etc in the comments.