Turmeric Chickpea Yogurt
- 1 ½ cups 250g cooked chickpeas or one 15-ounce / 425g can, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup 120ml Tangy Cashew Cream or 1⁄2 cup / 120ml unsweetened plain vegan yogurt
- 1 ½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 small clove garlic coarsely chopped
- Water as needed optional
- Place the chickpeas, Tangy Cashew Cream, lime juice, lemon juice, turmeric, salt, pepper, agave syrup, and garlic into a food processor fitted with the S blade. Process until smooth, stopping the machine and scraping down the bowl a few times. The texture should be the same as hummus: thick, but smooth and spreadable. If the mixture is too thick, add water a tablespoon at a time to achieve a desirable consistency.
- Serve right away, or meal prep for the week by transferring the cashew cream to a single airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 6 weeks
Reprinted with permission from The Vegan Week by Gena Hamshaw, copyright (c) 2022. Published by Ten Speed Press, a division of Penguin Random House, LLC. Photographs copyright © Ashley McLaughlin
Thank you for reading my vegan stories and plant-based recipes. I sincerely love to connect with listeners and would like to hear your feedback, takeaways, “ah-ha!” moments, etc in the comments.