To my wonderful readers and supporters —ho, ho, ho and all that. Here’s looking at you.
Nutmeg EggnotRaw cashews need to be soaked in advance for at least half an hour. Consider adding bourbon. Otherwise, only a little holiday assembly required.
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in water to cover for 30 minutes or more
- 2 cups almond milk unsweetened
- 1 seriously grated nutmeg or 1 teaspoon ground, plus a grating for garnish
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of cloves
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Drain cashews well.
- Pour into a blender or food processor and mix for a minute or until nuts form a soft paste.
- Scrape down the sides, add almond milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Whizz together for another minute.
- Pour into glasses and finish with a dash of nutmeg on top. Cheers.