The artichoke is a star in its own right but every great star deserves a brilliant supporting actor and this red pepper dip fits the bill.
Is this artichoke not a thing of beauty? It’s from the estimable Catherine, one of my fellow volunteer instructors at Common Threads. She’s working on perfecting her artichoke for an upcoming exam and was kitchen-testing a couple. She gave me one.
Reverent Red Pepper Dip
- 3 roasted red peppers the jarred kind are fine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 15- ounce can white beans rinsed and drained to decrease the sodium
- 1 large handful of fresh basil leaves
- sea salt to taste
- Throw everything in the food processor or blender. Give it a whirl until smooth and creamy -- a minute tops. It's the perfect artichoke accessory. Also good with other vegetables and slathered on multigrain toast.