With the stock market in freefall and joblessness at a 25-year high, it helps to remember attitude is everything. If you’re going to eat humble pie, make it tasty.
Whole Wheat Pasta With Broccoli, Lemon, and Mint
- 1 head naked broccoli cut into florets and chopped stems
- 1 16- ounce box whole wheat pasta any shape that moves you
- 4 lemons juice, and zest
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup torn fresh mint leaves lightly packed
- 1 jalapeno minced
- sea salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Make naked broccoli (see March 2 post). Rinse, ice down and set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until just al dente.
- Strain and rinse.
- Using the same pot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add minced jalapeno, stir until softened, about 3 minutes. Add remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, chopped broccoli and pasta. Stir well to coat.
- Add lemon juice and zest, mint leaves and salt to taste. Stir until flavors are dispersed and pasta is heated through.